WELCOME

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Three Legged Chair and a Dining Room Project

I love a great thrift store find. I post a month ago about my SA(Salvation Army)find. Well I have always admired a beautiful dining room to bring family and friends together with a great meal. Well our home was actually missing dining room furniture so I was on the hunt for a budget friendly set. On a recent visit to the SA I ran across this set.
Black oval table with four chairs.



I totally fell in love when I eyed this set, the table has two extension leaves, which is great for holiday entertainment.

A close up of the chairs, just beautiful.


The details of the chairs really made me fall in love. I looked right pass the outdated green fabric. I start to envision my chairs with some new fabric. If the price was right I knew that this would be a done deal. I had found the perfect set, some new fabric, paint and a little work is all that was needed. After a careful inspection of the set I was disappointed!!!

A three legged chair!!! What....Well what is a girl to do once she has fallen in love? I looked for the missing chair leg, but could not find it. I knew that I could used the broken leg in my negotiation of the price. I wondered could the Wizard fix the leg himself? After talking to the manager the price that she quoted me for the table, three chairs and the three legged chair, it was a DONE DEAL, SOLD!
I did decide to invest and get the chair leg replaced professionally, and the shop did an excellent job.




Well let the work begin. I plan to have a holiday party and need to stay focus on this room. Presently I'm searching for window treatments, fabric for the chairs and a cute bench for the room. Here are some of the fabrics I chose for the chairs.
I love black & white.


This fabric is gorgeous, and would bring in some color. I have pillows in this print on my sofa which will pull the rooms together for cohesiveness.

I also like this fabric.

Well I will have my hands full with this project. Of course I will keep you all updated on my progess. Which fabric do you like for the chairs? I'll love to hear your recommendations.

Enough said, work ahead.

No comments: