WELCOME

Monday, October 24, 2011

Part 3 Breast Cancer Sucks

Hey guys I pray that everyone had a great weekend , well I sure did. We are coming close to the end of October and Breast Cancer Awareness month, I hope you guys are doing self breast exams or have scheduled your mammograms. This post will be Part 3 of Cancer Sucks. I promise that I will be sharing some nice projects with you guys soon. Yall be ready for lots of pictures, some maybe a little scary, but truly I'm just keeping it honest and real. I apologize for a lengthly post, but again me talking or writing about my diagnois is healing.

After surgery and removal of several lymph nodes I did receive excellent news from my surgeon. I was informed that the tumor that was removed was small 1.3 cmm and a stage 2, slow growth, and had not spreaded and was contained within my breast also the tested lymph node were all negative. This was actually the best news I had heard in a very long time. I felt as if GOD had given me a huge blessing.

My doctors wanted to meet with me to discuss a form of treatment. Actually I was just glad that the surgeon had informed me that he removed the tumor and surrounding cells and insured me that I would be ok. Well I had heard the awful stories about cancer treatments and they scared me to death. I knew I just didn't want to deal with chemotherapy along with it's side effects. I search the internet for information and honestly it scared me even the more. I considered taking alternative medicine, anything please GOD, I just wanted to run. PLEASE not CHEMO!!!!! However after seeking advice from several oncologist all recommended chemotherapy treatments. My doctor explained to me that because of my age(which he stated was young to have breast cancer)I love that man I'm not young. He advised me to be aggressive with my method of treatment it didnt matter that it was a small, slow growth tumor. He felt that an aggressive treatment would insure that I live to reach the ripe age of at least 80. He quoted that the average American women lives to be at least 80. His aggressive treatment method also included radiation treatments. Chemo treatments were to be scheduled immediately. I will never forget that day when Dr. Methea inform me that I would need chemo & radiation. I felt so out of control, there was nothing I could do to change anything, I did not want treatment, I wanted to handle everything myself. I was devasted as well as my husband. I thought did I truly have to drink of this cup. I cried and cried, but I knew that I could do all things with Christ and that he would give me strength. I had the most loving oncologist he insured me that he would take very good care of me. My chemo treatments would be a low dosage due to the early stage and I would be ok. Chemo included four cycles of treatment.
I went from here.BC= Before Chemo

Me and the hubby went on a little getaway before I started my treatments.

While on our little getaway, I knew that I had to return home to 4 months of treatments, however I refused to let cancer steal my joy!!!!

My first cycle of chemo went smooth, I took on the thought of its not what I go through in life, but it's my attitude and how I handle the situation. I quickly enbraced my situation and the after effects of chemo. I accepted the fact that I had breast cancer, but I understood that breast cancer didnt have me. I wore a smile as often as I could. I refused to be discouraged or depressed even on my worse days, I read GODs word and knew that he would not put more on me than I could handle. Three weeks after my first treatment I started to lose my hair.
Seriously I do not mean to scare anyone. Me and my daughter agreed that I looked like Fire Marshall Bill.

My hair started to fall out quickly, every time I combed my hair it came out in plugs. I kept my smile it's just hair. My co-worker gave me a new name The Bald Headed Diva.
My sister is a hair stylist so I summons her to just cut all my hair off, the nurse suggested that I may want to get it all cut before it started to fall out. My sister really had a hard time cutting my hair off, it was a difficult task for her, she did cut it short, but my sister-in-law came to my house and cut it all off.
As my hair fell out I knew the chemo had taken full effect at fighting every cell in my body, my nails even started to turn black. Chemo was killing my cells but not my spirit.


I love chips.
I did not like that wig at all. I continued to go to work during my treatments I would take two days off after my treatments to allow my body to rest. I had to be extremely careful not to contact gems, or be around anyone that was sick. I often went to the movie theater, the two hour movies took me to a different place and away from cancer, chemo, and all my doctor visits
The peace sign it's all about having peace in the middle of a storm, knowing that the storm will pass.

I got soo much love from family and friends. I received so many cards, flowers, phone calls, dinners and prayers. I decided to leave you guys with a nice picture after frightening yall with my Fire Marshall Bill pictures.. I know its not Halloween yet. I promise to close this Cancer Sucks posting by the weeks end. Are you guys getting ready for Halloween?
Tell your friends about my blog I have to get to 51 followes, so someone can win a $100 dollar HomeGoods gift card.

No comments: