Monday, October 31, 2011
Wrap up Of Cancer Sucks
Happy Halloween everyone,actually Halloween is not a day that I celebrate or decorate for but I love to see how creative people can be. I can't beleive that we are at the end of October already, well that also mean Breast Cancer Awareness Month is over. This will be my wrap up of Cancer Sucks.
After 4 cycles of chemo and 32 days of radiation, my treatments were over. I know that I would not have made it through without GOD. I never experienced the sickness that so many chemo patients go through. I prayed to GOD that I would not be sick from my chemo treatments. After my treatments I studied to become a peer counselor for Network Of Strength, formerly known as Y-Me Network for Breast Cancer. I received training to assist women and there families with questions about breast cancer after their diagnosis. I participate in Breast Cancer Walks to raise money for research to find a cure.
Presently I'm on medication to prevent breast cancer reoccurrance it is a 5 year treatment plan, there are side effects but nothing that I can't handle. My side effects are weight gain from my medication, and chemo fog brain( forgetting events or difficulty remembering things or people) these are just a few. I decided before I started chemotherapy not to worry myself with reoccurrance, if I was going to worry why even go through treatment.
I'm grateful today to say that I'm doing good and I'm a Breast Cancer Survivor!!!! I have lost two co-workers to Breast Cancer prior to my own diagnosis and it sadden me to find out two weeks ago that another co-worker lost her fight to this disease at a very young age. I often thank GOD for allowing me to dect my lump at a early stage. Daily there are so many women who has lost their battle with breast cancer. I know he has a plan for me. I'm grateful. Like with everything we go through in life, there are lessons. I just want to close with some of the lessons that I have learned during my battle with BC.
1. Early detection saves life. Have a mammogram, if you can do so before you are 40, forty is just a baseline.
2. You know your own body, preform self breast exam's. And take care of your body.
3. Life is short, Live, Love & Laugh.
4. Trust GOD and know that he will not put more on you then you can handle.
5. Some family members or friends may not be close or around during a difficult time but it's not because they don't love you it maybe hard for them as well.
6. Stress less and pray more.
7. Do things that make you happy. Again life is short.
I have included pictures of me today, loving life.
Let me leave you guys with one of my favorite scriptures.
Jeremiah 29:11-14 GOD always have a plan.