WELCOME

Monday, January 13, 2014

My Closet Redesign

How was your weekend? Mine was a good one, the weather was a little bit warmer so I was able to get out and run some errands and of course do a little shopping.  I have been working on my closet/dressing room for a while now. I've been holding out on showing the  project to you all because I have not been able to pull all the accessories together to get it complete.  I believe that a well organized closet is a must. It also assists me in being organized in other area of my life. I'm close to showing you guys my final reveal so hold on. Today I have decided to show the first part of the redo and the wallpaper. So here we go.

 I fell in love with the closets in our house when I first saw it; well my husband fell in love with the backyard. Each bedroom closet has beautiful built in dressers which are spacious & deep. I appreciated that I would not have to purchase dressers for the bedrooms since that were already built into the closets.   Here is a before look of my closet,. I really hate to open this door to let you in.

OK step on in 

I only have one shelf for storage



My closet lacked accurate shelves for storage, the walls had no color and it needed to be organized.
After bringing my husband on board to help with this project we he installed new shelves from Lowes. We also gave the walls a fresh coat of grey paint.
                                                                  

                          
The new shelves provided space for my purses and shoes up top.We also got a new pole for my clothes.  Since this closet is mine I wanted to design a closet that would be girly and glam. No surprises you all know I'm addicted to black & white. I wanted to accent one wall so I decided on this wallpaper from Lowes Allen & Roth.


 I fell in love with this classic print. It's black & white of course with tones of silver, I smile every time I see it.
                                                      
  I have never installed wallpaper before but after YouTube,Google searches and checking blogs here she is my wallpaper all hung and stunning. Thank GOD for pre pasted wallpaper.
     :                                            
Up close

From this: Boring plain & colorless 




To this: Stunning, glamours, black & white 

                                            
            

I plan to do the reveal on this closet soon. I have scratched so much off my things to do list for this project.

Paint
Install new shelves
Install wallpaper on accent wall
Nail head trim on dressers
Purchase new hangers
Purchase shoe rack
Purchase new storage baskets
Purchase rug
Purchase stool
Paint & Hang mirror

Close to my reveal, I totally in love with my closet. What are you guys working on to get organized in 2014? Please share.  

No comments: