WELCOME

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fabric & More Projects

I posted last week about me & the Wizard little trip to Old Time Pottery and the cute fabric that I purchased, check them out here.

My favorite is the stripe black & white.

OK, these beautiful fabrics are large pieces they are already cut and measured so you have to buy it as is. I have shared about my love for anything Black & White, together they produce a classic feel and a look of elegance. I have dreamed of Black & White drapes when I spotted some on Mary McDonald blog. Let me save this story for later.
Since I'm brighten up the house for the spring here are some of my recent projects.
I used the cute Robert Allen Ikat print fabric to create this bench for my washroom. My sister Paula assisted with making these matching window curtains. Ok P.J I mentioned your name.
My daughter purchased these chairs at a thrift store for $25.00 dollars.
The seat cushions were faded light blue velvet with plenty of stains.
Well when Mamma whipped out her white spray paint and her staple gun this is what she created. These twins needed a makeover.
I plan to make some window shades for the kitchen with the grey & black Waverly fabric. All of their fabrics were just $4.99 a yard so I scored big time. Oh I know you guys love pictures so let me share what the Wizard(my husband) purchased for me.

Yep remember that mirror. If not check my previous post. As for my favorite black & white fabric, I'll share about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Love Design Company said...

I can't believe those chairs that your daughter scored! Amazing, so beautiful and such a deal!
Lindsay

Loretta said...

Thanks Lindsay, yes they are beautiful, stay tuned for the dresser she brought home. Like mother, like daughter.