WELCOME

Monday, March 7, 2011

New Pictures and a Busy Weekend

Well my weekend was a busy one, the Wizard birthday was Sunday, and  I attended a baby shower on Saturday. I still got a little thrift shopping in on Saturday morning.  Last year I started to collect black & white prints of  famous architectural buildings or structures. In the past I have purchased some poster prints on the cheap and framed them to create beautiful art.  I have the Eiffel Tower, New York Time Square, and the Willis Tower to name a few, but I'm always searching for additional prints On Saturday morning I made a quick round to the GW(Goodwill). Look at what was just coming out on the sales floor, looking for me.



 I waited patiently for the young man that was bring the items out to put them on the shelf, after he refused to just hand them to me. There were four architectural prints, I know they were waiting on me, Why because they were already framed in black. They were perfect to add to my collection. Thanks you LORD!!!!
After I gave them the inspection, I really wanted to do the happy dance. They were in very good condition. But check this out!!

OK, just in case you can't see that price tag, they were priced $1.99 and $2.99. OK close your mouth. When I turned them over I just smiled and walked to the register to pay for my new pictures. They were in the buget.
Yep they were orginially purchased from ZGallerie, got to love the GW, and the ZGallerie price was $48.00 dollars each. At least three different shoppers ask me about them. I told them they were SOLD! Here they are in my living room.


Some of my collection of prints. I'll be showing the entire collection soon.
Just a sneak peek of a project that I recently completed. I really like gallery walls, so I decided to create one in my bedroom. This project was really fun, the pictures are of me and my husband over the years, most of the frames were purchased at the thrift store, and the pictures are priceless.



I'm really happy with the results and the Wizard loves it too.              And let me give a Birthday Shout to the Wizard(my hubbie) Happy Birthday Rob!!!!!   


          He's on the telephone, he know he can talk.(Lol). 

2 comments:

Miss M&M said...

I really like those pictures. There were an awesome steal!! I've been thinking of a gallery wall too but for my living room. It's funny because the idea that has been in my head for the last couple of months, my sister called and said "this would be a great idea" and she described exactly what I'd been thinking. Can't wait to see more pics of the bedroom.

Loretta said...

Yes I got the pictures for a great price, I will be posting my bedroom soon. I'm getting it prepared for the spring.